- Human modifications of the coastal zone environment.
- Evolution of estuarine environment of river Hooghly.
- Geomorphological evolutions of Subarnarekha Chenier delta.
- Historical Geography of maritime activities in Hooghly estuary.
- Land degradations and its environmental as well as social consequences in Subanarekha River Basin.
- Forest degradations and their impacts on society in Kasai-Subarnarekha interfluve region.
- Changing farming practices and its environmental consequences in Purba Medinipur coastal district.
- Environmental assessment of Rupnarayan plain between Haldi, Hooghly and Rupnarayan estuaries.
- Environmental impacts and perception study in Keleghai river basin.
- Studies on micro-irrigation projects in the Puruliya District.
- Lateritic landscape of western highland of West Bengal.
- Pedogeomorphology of the western districts of West Bengal.
- Urban Morphological and economic dynamics of Medinipur Municipal area.
- Landuse and land management and their pedogeomorphic perspectives.
- Community health in Medinipur Municipal area.
- Urban social issues in the Medinipur Municipal area.
- Stream ecological studies in Kasai River.
- Embankment breaching in reclaimed Sundarbans.
- Slope instability in Tindharia Cricket Colony.
- Morphological and socio-economic disparities among various urban centres in the Hilly tracts of West Bengal.
- Consequences of immigration in the urban centres of West Bengal.
- Flood problems in Silabati river basin.
- Handloom and cottage industries of Bishnupur and Sonamukhi, Bankura.
- Tribal and folk culture of Western parts of West Bengal.
- Woman and Child health in urban areas.
- Impacts of exploitation of natural resource base and consequent man-nature conflicts.
- Cultural resource development and their environmental problems
- Regional Development Strategies- Paschim Medinipur.
- Rill Gully erosion