Institutional Ethics Committee
A. Constitution of Institutional Ethics Committee (IEC)
On the basis of Notification No. VU/ R/ IEC-08/ Noti/ 1255/ 2012 dated 08.12.2012, pertaining to re-constitution of the Human Ethics Committee and Animal Ethics Committee of Vidyasagar university, it is hereby notified again that pursuant to dated 03.04.2014 pertaining to reconstitution of the Institutional Ethics Committee (IEC) meeting two committees like Human Ethics Committee and Animal Ethics Committee, the Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor of this University has been placed to re-constitute the Institutional Ethic Committee (IEC) of Vidyasagar University.
B. Objective of Institution Ethics Committee (IEC)
The aim of the prevention of cruelty to animal (PCA) Act 1960, is to ensure for facilitating scientific research involving experiments on animal and non-invasive work on human. The IEC will look after all the experiments covering animal and non-invasive work on human by observing and reviewing the relevant project proposal for such work. IEC will act as per guideline of CPCSEA for animal work and ICMR protocol for human non-invasive experiment.
C. Composition of Institution Ethics Committee (IEC)
- One In-house Biological Scientist as Chairman
- One Scientist-in-Charge of the Animal Facility and Member Secretary (In-house Biological Scientist)
- Two biological scientists from different biological discipline
- One consultant veterinarian
- One Medical officer/ Practitioners
- Two scientist from outside of the Institute
- One socially aware person
- One CPCSEA nominee
- Link CPCSEA nominee
Important Forms & Proforma